- The biggest impact my father had on my life was teaching the importance of literacy. ~Thomas Steinbeck
- The best gift from a father to his child is education and upbringing. ~Prophet Muhammad
- The imprint of the father remains forever on the life of the child. ~Roy Lessin
- A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow. ~Unknown
- It’s a wise father that knows his child. ~William Shakespeare
- A daddy is someone who wants to catch you before you fall, but instead, picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again. ~Unknown
- Being a good dad starts with presence not presents. ~Unknown
- Every morning, my dad would have me look in the mirror and repeat, ‘Today is going to be a great day; I can, and I will’. ~Gina Rodriguez
- Anyone who tells you fatherhood is the greatest thing that can happen to you, they are understating it. ~Mike Myers
- Fatherhood is a very natural thing; it’s not something that shakes up my life but rather enriches it. ~Andrea Bocelli
- It’s an ongoing joy being a dad. ~Liam Neeson
- Being a father helps me be more responsible, you see more things than you’ve ever seen. ~Kid Rock
- Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. ~Ruth Renkel
- I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by the little scraps of wisdom. ~Umberto Eco
- The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family. ~Reed Markham
Some beautiful quotes about mothers…
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” ~Robert Browning
- “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” ~Abraham Lincoln
- “My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind.” ~Michael Jordan
- “Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind.” ~Khalil Gibran
- “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” ~Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” ~Oprah Winfrey
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” ~Sophia Loren
- “A Mother understands what a child does not say.” Jewish proverb
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” ~Agatha Christie
- “Men are what their mothers made them.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Which one did you like best? Please feel free to share other quotes about mothers through the comments below.
[For daily tips and inspiration about parenting, reading and learning, please check out our Facebook page.]
- It makes them better teachers for their child. Most parents know that they are the first and most important teachers for their child, and the home is the most important place of learning. But not many parents know what to teach, how to teach and what material to use. The A+ Program makes it easy!
- It allows them to spend quality time with their child. Many parents don’t know what to do when they are with their child. The A+ Program provides an opportunity to talk, read, play, watch and listen with your child… while having fun and stimulating her development! Parents who have a full time job can also ensure that whatever time they get with their child is quality time!
- It provides entertainment and education at the same time. No need to separate playtime and learning time. The talking books, songs, videos and games from the A+ Program make it possible for kids to learn while playing and having fun. So there’s no need to spend on toys, games, gadgets and videos that have no educational value.
- It saves them the trouble to find the best material for their child, that are age-appropriate, interactive and affordable at the same time. The A+ Program covers all three essentials for a child’s success in school and life i.e. awareness, abilities and attitudes. And different parts can be used at different stages of development, from new-born up to the age of 10 or more!
- It makes their child smarter! We are hearing it again and again from parents, that kids have improved their reading, vocabulary, language, math, manners, behavior… increased their knowledge and confidence… much better, easier and faster than other kids of the same age.
What’s more, the A+ Program is available from most distributors on easy monthly payments; it comes with a customized bookshelf and 5-year free access to the new Learning Time Online Portal… not to mention, free home delivery and free parenting sessions for customers! As one parent said, ‘We got a lot more out of this program than we had expected!’
The following is based on the latest in child development and early learning – topics that we, at Learning Time, like to follow:
- Importance of preschool years in brain development: “What our findings tell us is that children’s brains need to get enough and healthy activation even before they enter pre-school,” explains Cristina Alberini, a professor in NYU’s Center for Neural Science. “Without this, the neurological system runs the risk of not properly developing learning and memory functions.” Read the full article here.
- Fathers’ critical role in kids’ development: “There’s this whole idea that grew out of past research that dads really don’t have direct effects on their kids, that they just kind of create the tone for the household and that moms are the ones who affect their children’s development,” said Claire Vallotton, associate professor and primary investigator on the research project. “But here we show that fathers really do have a direct effect on kids, both in the short term and long term.” Read the full article here.
- Physical education and music are essential to learning: “Over a decade of neuroscience has confirmed that both mental and physical activity produce new circuits in the brain. Different activities will affect different parts of the brain. Continuously engaging in a specific activity or set of activities increases the strength of these circuits… New research has linked both physical education and music to improving brain functions that are essential to learning.” Read the full article here.
So what should we do as parents?
- Make the most of the early years of our children. Provide them with necessary stimulation through all the senses.
- Fathers should commit to, and spend, quality time with kids regularly.
- Incorporate physical activities and music into our babies lives as early as possible.
Finally, let us brag a little about Learning Time A+ Program, which makes it easy for parents to do all of the above, and a lot more! If you haven’t seen it yet, request a free presentation now.
We asked our customers and consultants: Why is Learning Time A+ Program the best gift for a new-born baby? And here are some of the best responses in the first 24 hours:
- Even prenates can hear and feel in the womb. Now imagine when they are newly born. The mind of the baby is like a sponge. It is going to absorb whatever you put into it… (Vandana, Mauritius)
- Because the first 2000 days of a child’s life are very crucial to their development and provide the foundation to future success! (Enerlan, Sharjah)
- Babies are born learning. They learn through play, exploration of the environment, and through interactions with parents. Learning to read and write doesn’t start in kindergarten or first grade. It begins at birth through everyday interactions, such as sharing books, telling stories, singing songs and playing together. What better tool than the A+ Program to help do all the above. (Waseem, Sharjah)
- The A+ Program stimulates and helps the development of all learning skills of a baby. It make it so easy for parents to achieve the learning development of the child. (Khaled, Cairo)
- As we are aware that learning begins in the womb, it is best that A+ is started when the child is born as both the parent and the child get a head start in developing learning pathways in the child’s brain… (Ketaki, Dubai)
- Usually people think that a baby is too young to learn anything. But actually they learn better and faster than us. The only difference is they can’t speak yet… (Madiha, Karachi)
- A+ is the best gift you can give newborn babies because it prepares them at a very early age when they are able to learn and retain as much information as you expose them to… (Christine, Manila)
- It’s the best gift because soooo many things to be learned mentally, and actual activities applicable to young ones for better learning. (Sylvia, Manila)
- Infant’s brain has around 100 billion active brain cells and about 200 trillion nerve cell connections (synapses). These connections need experiences and stimulation… (Candasamy, Mauritius)
- A+ Program is the best gift because it will prepare a child to face the world! (Shad, Bangalore)
- Experts are calling for more to be done to make the most of the “lightbulb” years, when toddlers’ brains are developing rapidly. A+ Program is the best brain-feed for a new born baby. A system which helps in developing multiple intelligences and a great tool for parents at home to spend quality time with their kids. (Kanchan, Dubai)
- A+ Program is the best gift because it helps parents explore their children’s interest and tailor learning accordingly and create a career path for them. (Nana, Ghana)
- The A+ Program stimulates and helps in the development of learning skills of the new born babies through fun-filled activities administered by their parents. It promotes the love of learning both for the parent and the baby. And it fosters positive parent-child relationship. (Sarah, Dubai)
- Where can you find a conceptualised program which will develop Awareness, Abilities and Attitude right from birth! (Noel, Doha)
- A+ program is the best gift because it covers all the educational needs for a small child; it develops the sharing between the parents and the kids as they spend more time playing and learning through fun; it helps create a balance between technology and traditional learning tools. (Raghda, Cairo)
- Since the formative years are before a child enters the school, the A+Program becomes a wonderful resource for the parents to nurture their children right from birth. It helps the parents to go step by step, as the child responds, recognizes, identifies and correlates. (Sagareeka, Mumbai)
- The best gift parents can give their child is good education and their time. Learning Time A+ Program is the best gift for a baby because it provides all the learning tools, and also helps create a bond between parents and a child. (Salima, Karachi)
- A+ Program is the best gift for a new born baby because it provides the experiences to develops nerve connections and to build foundation for thinking, language, attitude, aptitudes and others characteristics through fun (which is brain’s favorite way of learning)! (Ema, Bandung)
- A+ Program is the best gift for a new born baby as it lays a solid foundation for his/her holistic development, helping the child to excel and preparing him/her for a successful and prosperous future. (Sanjay, Mauritius)
Please feel free to share through comments any other reasons you think Learning Time A+ Program is the best gift for new-born babies.
- Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. -Robert Browning
- I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. -Abraham Lincoln
- My mother is my root, my foundation. She planted the seed that I base my life on, and that is the belief that the ability to achieve starts in your mind. -Michael Jordan
- Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind. -Khalil Gibran
- A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary. -Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. -Oprah Winfrey
- When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. -Sophia Loren
- A Mother understands what a child does not say. -Jewish proverb
- A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path. -Agatha Christie
- Men are what their mothers made them. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” -Rudyard Kipling
- All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. -Abraham Lincoln
- Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother. -Anonymous
- Love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. -J.K. Rowling
- A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. -Irish proverb
Which one did you like best? Please feel free to share other quotes about mothers through the comments below.
An extremely informative, inspiring and entertaining talk by Seth Godin – an author of 14 bestsellers and one of the top bloggers in the world. Watch till the end to hear about eight ideas to change the way we teach and two myths about education.
- Literacy is a bridge from misery to hope. –Kofi Annan
- Education is the most powerful weapon with which you can change the world. –Nelson Mandela
- Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world. –Malala Yousafzi
- You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation. –Brigham Young
- Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation. –Walter Cronkite
- The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. –B.B. King
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. –Gandhi
- Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. –W.B. Yeats
- There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is the best of all. –Jacqueline Kennedy
- Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all. –Aristotle
Also check out Learning Time Facebook page for daily inspiration and tips about learning, reading and parenting.
This information is taken from Learning Fundamentals – the 2-vol parenting series that comes with Learning Values with Lucy & Wiz. The author, Colin Rose, is a specialist in developing learning and thinking skills in young children and a founder member of the UK Campaign for Learning.